A Clavicle Hook Plate LCP is an orthopedic implant used in the surgical treatment of clavicle fractures, particularly those involving the lateral end of the clavicle (collarbone). The plate is specifically designed to provide stable fixation and support during the healing process. Here are the specifications and common uses of a Clavicle Hook Plate LCP:
- Design: The Clavicle Hook Plate LCP features a distinctive design with a hook-shaped end that wraps around the lateral (outer) end of the clavicle. The plate typically consists of biocompatible materials such as stainless steel or titanium.
- Hook Component: The hook at the end of the plate is designed to provide additional stability and prevent displacement of the fractured clavicle. It also acts as a support structure, holding the bone fragments together.
- Locking Compression Plate (LCP): The plate incorporates the features of a Locking Compression Plate (LCP). It contains screw holes that accommodate locking screws, which are designed to lock into the plate to provide angular stability and maintain alignment of the clavicle fragments.
- Screw Holes: The plate has multiple holes for screws. These screws can be inserted into the clavicle to secure the plate in place and provide additional stability.
- Clavicle Fractures: The primary and most common use of a Clavicle Hook Plate LCP is in the treatment of clavicle fractures, specifically those involving the lateral or distal end of the clavicle. Clavicle fractures are relatively common and can result from various injuries or trauma.
- Stabilization: The plate is used to provide stabilization to the fractured clavicle. The hook component of the plate wraps around the lateral end of the clavicle, helping maintain the bone fragments’ position and preventing displacement.
- Angular Stability: The Locking Compression Plate (LCP) component of the plate provides angular stability to the fracture. This helps reduce the risk of complications and allows the clavicle to heal in the correct anatomical alignment.
- Versatility: Clavicle Hook Plate LCPs come in various sizes and configurations to accommodate different clavicle fracture patterns and patient anatomy.
- Minimizing Complications: The implant is designed to minimize complications associated with clavicle fractures, such as non-union (failure of the bone to heal) and implant.
|TITANIUM GR-V||5032-35-03 TO 5032-35-08L+R|
|STAINLESS STEEL 316L||3032-35-03 TO 3032-35-08L+R|
|DIA/WIDTH||3 X 11MM|
|SIZE||3 TO 8 HOLE|
|MAIN CATEGORY||TRAUMA PLATING|
|CATALOGUE WISE||SMALL FRAGMENT|